VEGETARIAN CHCIKPEA CURRY
This is the easiest vegan chickpea curry! It requires pantry staples and it takes 30 minutes on the stovetop. It's full of mouthwatering flavors and it's all made in one pan too!
- 2 TBSP concentrated Indian curry paste, mild, medium, or hot
- 2 heaping handfuls of spinach, torn or roughly chopped
- 2 15 oz cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt, more to taste if needed
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red or yellow onion
- 1 TBSP freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric, optional
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- Heat oil in a skillet over moderate heat.
- Add the onions, ginger, and garlic. Simmer until fragrant, stirring often to prevent browning; about 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and drained tomatoes. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the torn up spinach and cook until it's wilted down. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may want to add one handful at a time.
- Add the coconut milk, curry paste, curry powder, turmeric (if using), and salt. Stir until the paste has dissolved and the seasonings have mixed in well. This may take about 2-3 minutes of constant stirring and folding.
- Let the curry simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve with warm naan, pitas, rice, or on its own. Enjoy your healthy food!