SWEET POTATO MUFFINS
Try these vegan sweet potato muffins made with easy 30-minute ingredients. And more nutritious
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal, optional
- 3 cups of mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- To prep the sweet potatoes. Pierce the potatoes with a fork and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 45 minutes, or until the inside is soft when poked with a fork. Remove and let cool. When the potatoes are cool, peel off the skin and mash the sweet potato filling with a fork or masher until any big lumps are gone. Measure out 3 cups worth of filling.
- To make the muffins: In a large bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and then add the sweet potato.
- Pour into muffin tins/cups. If using flaxseed, sprinkle on top of the muffins. Bake at 325 for approximately 30 minutes. Enjoy your cake!