KUNG PAO SHRIMP
Kung Pao Shrimp is a classic spicy garlic and Chinese cuisine stir-fry that's healthy, easy and ready in less than 15 minutes!
- 10-12 oz. (300 g-350 g) big shrimp, shelled, peeled and deveined
- 10 mini dried red chilies, (5 regular-sized dried chilies)
- 1 inch (2 cm) piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks scallions, use the white parts only
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons oil
Kung Pao Sauce:
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar, rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 dashes white pepper
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Mix the Kung Pao sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat up a wok and add the cooking oil until the oil is very hot. Add the ginger and do a few quick stirs. Add the onion, green pepper, and dried red chilies. Stir-fry until you smell the spicy aromas from the dried red chilies. Add in the shrimp and roasted peanuts and keep stirring.
- When the shrimp are almost cooked, add the Kung Pao sauce into the wok, keep stirring until the sauce thickens. Add the chopped scallions, do a few quick stirs, dish out and serve hot. Enjoy your dinner!