BEEF MINCE CHOW MEIN
This delicious beef and cabbage chow mein is a quick and easy weeknight meal. He has become a much appreciated family favorit.
- 80 g Powdered chicken noodle soup, reduced-salt variety
- 375 g Savoy cabbage white, finely shredded
- 1 medium Brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 individual Celery, finely chopped
- 2 tbs Long grain rice, white variety
- 150 g frozen Green beans, sliced
- 1 tbs Curry powder mild variety
- 1 medium Carrot, grated
- 500 g Lean beef mince
- 2 tbs Soy sauce
- Green beans
- Oil spray
- Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over high heat. Add mince and onion. Cook, breaking up any lumps, for 6–8 minutes or until mince has browned.
- Add curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add carrot, cabbage, celery, rice, soup mix, soy sauce and 2 cups (500 ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Add beans for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Enjoy your dinner!