SPICY SAUSAGE PAPPARDELLE
The hot sausage, lemon and Parmesan cheese make this dish so tasty. You won't miss the red sauce.
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes (Petitie Diced or Crushed)
- 1 Package Pappardelle (8 Ounces)
- ¼ Cup Sweet Yellow Onion, Chopped
- Dried Basil, Oregano, and Parsley
- ½ - 1 Cup Pasta Water 1/2-1
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, Minced
- 1 lb Spicy Italian Sausage
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- ½ Cup White Wine
- ¼ Cup Half n Half
- Grated Parmesan
- In a large pan add olive oil, heat to medium and toss in chopped onion.
- Once onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes, add in garlic.
- Combine for 1 minute and add sausage.
- Once sausage is just browned, cover in flour and let cook for 1 minute.
- Pour wine into pan and let simmer and reduce by half.
- Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, S&P to taste.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes while mixing.
- With 10 minutes left for simmering, cook pasta.
- After tomatoes are simmered, add pasta water to the sauce and mix, add more or less depending on sauciness.
- Por in half n half.
- Toss noodles into sauce gently.
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan & serve.