SOUTHERN POTATO SALAD
Potato salad recipe with a southern twist is perfect for a church supper or potluck. Pickles add extra sweetness.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 pounds medium russet potatoes
- 4 hard boiled eggs, 3 chopped and 1 sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Cut each potato in half. Place in a large pot and cover with 1 inch of water. Add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a simmer. Simmer until fork tender all the way through, about 20 minutes. Drain well. Let cool and then peel and discard the skins.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Run a knife through them until they are cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and onion powder. Pour over potatoes and mix in well.
- Add relish, celery, onion, and the chopped eggs. Mix in.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with sliced egg and sprinkle with paprika. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Enjoy your salad!