STICKY CHINESE CHICKEN TRAYBAKE
Flavored with honey, hoisin sauce and Chinese five spices, this one-pan chicken dish makes an easy and inexpensive family meal in the middle of the week
- 4 spring onions, chopped into thirds
- 2 nests wholewheat or egg noodles
- 1 x 320g pack chicken mini fillets
- 15g cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 x 195g jar chow mein sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 350g stir-fry veg
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Toss the chicken and spring onions together with the ginger, garlic, soy sauce and ½ teaspoon sesame oil then place in a shallow roasting tin. Cook in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes until just al dente. Drain and refresh in cold water, then put back in the pan and toss with ½ teaspoon of sesame oil to stop them sticking together.
- Add the chow mein sauce, the stir-fry veg and 4 tablespoons of water to the noodles and mix them all together well to coat in the sauce. Tip into the roasting tin, stirring in with the chicken and spring onions. Scatter with the cashew nuts and cook for a further 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the veg are starting to soften. Divide between 2 plates or bowls. Enjoy your cooking!