HOT CHOCOLATE BOMBS
Hot Chocolate Bombs are a fun and unique way to enjoy a classic cup of everyone's favorite winter drink, hot chocolate. When placed in a cup of steamed milk, they melt and dissolve to form the perfect steaming cup of creamy, chocolatey goodness.
- 3 tablespoons hot chocolate mix
- 6 tablespoons marshmallow bits
- 8 ounces chocolate wafers, chips or baking chocolate (1 cup)
- Melt chocolate in a small, microwave-safe bowl in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of melted chocolate into molds. Spread using the back of a teaspoon until each cavity is completely covered.
- Invert onto a parchment lined baking sheet and lightly shake. Discard parchment and place mold on baking sheet (chocolate side up).
- Allow chocolate to set. Freeze or refrigerate 5 minutes.
- Remove mold. Chocolate side down, press gently on the top of each sphere to carefully remove onto your baking sheet.
- Fill 3 spheres with a tablespoon of hot chocolate mix and marshmallow to each along with any optional toppings.
- Warm a plate or bowl in the microwave or with boiling water and dry. Alternatively you can add remaining melted chocolate to a sealable or piping bag, clip the tip and pipe a line of chocolate around the edges to seal.
- Place the bottom of an empty sphere on the plate to lightly melt chocolate. Place melted chocolate edge on filled half to seal. Try to handle chocolate as little as possible. Optional: If needed, use a hot spoon, dipped in boiling water and dried to further seal.
- Decorate hot chocolate bombs using melted chocolate in a piping or sealable bag with the tip clipped and add sprinkles, hot chocolate mix, marshmallow bits or peppermints. Enjoy your dessert!