Place the scallops on the hot grill and let them cook undisturbed. When ready and grill marks have formed, they easily come off the grates.
- coriander a small handful, roughly chopped
- echalion shallot ½, finely chopped
- unsalted butter 75g, softened
- scallops in half shell 6 large
- sherry vinegar 2 tbsp
- nduja 75g
- Put the ’nduja into a small cold frying pan and break it up with the back of a spoon over a medium heat, until its fat has rendered and is fairly smooth. Cool then put in a bowl with the softened butter and mix really well. Chill for 5 minutes to firm slightly, then tip into baking paper, form into a sausage and twist the ends to tighten. Chill until firm.
- In a small bowl, mix together the shallot, vinegar and coriander with a little seasoning.
- Heat the grill to high. Put the scallops in their shells onto a large baking sheet, then put a thick slice of the ’nduja butter on top of each. Grill for 5 minutes until the butter is bubbling and the scallops are lightly caramelised.
- Serve with the vinegar, herb and shallot mix spooned over the top. Enjoy your dinner!