FILO PASTRY MINCE PIE ROLLS
Just cut your squares of filo, melt your butter, and line your baking sheet before you even try to make the first one. If you have everything at your fingertips, it will be a dream to come true.
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ pear peeled, cored and diced
- ½ apple peeled, cored and diced
- 5 tablespoons store bought sweet mincemeat
- Preheat oven to 400F / 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the mincemeat and diced fruit.
- Lay out one sheet of filo pastry (cover the rest with a damp tea towel so it doesn't dry out) and brush with melted butter.
- Lay another sheet on top, then cut the stack of two into four equal sized rectangles.
- Spoon a little of the mincemeat mixture along one side of each double layer rectangle, fold in the ends and roll like a cigar. Place on the baking tray.
- Repeat with the remaining filo.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Enjoy your cooking!