You'll be impressed with the soft texture and interesting cinnamon swirl in this delicious breakfast bun.
- 1 cup my homemade cinnamon chips or can use bought cinnamon chips
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Combine softened butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and cream with a mixer in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon.
- Combine with creamed mixture and add buttermilk and sour cream. Mix with mixer. Fold in cinnamon chips with a spoon. Spray a 9 x 5 bread pan with cooking spray and add mixture. (I sprinkle a little white sugar on top before baking)
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes until center tests done. Makes 1 loaf. Enjoy your breakfast!