BEEF WITH MUSHROOMS IN OYSTER SAUCE
Beef and Mushroom Stir-Fry is a quick and easy dish that will remind you of your mom's cooking.
- cooking oil
- black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs of soy sauce
- 3/4 tbs of sukrin:1
- 3 tbs of oyster sauce
- 1 cup (240ml) of water
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbs of cornstarch - 1.5 syns
- 2-3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 200g/7oz mushrooms, quartered
- 500g/17.50z of thinly sliced beef strips
- Add the beef, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sukrin and oyster sauce to a container, stir to mix and marinate overnight (or at least a few hours)
- Spray a wok or frying over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray
- Add the beef and marinade and fry until beef is browned.
- Add mushrooms and fry for a further few mins.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to make a slurry (paste)
- Add to the beef with the cup of water and heat until thickened.
- Season with black pepper
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onions
- Serve with your choice of sides. Enjoy your dinner!