These gooey Bakewell blondies feature a warm swirl of raspberry jam and flaked almonds to really remind you of the traditional Bakewell treat.
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 200 g Plain Flour
- 50 g Flaked Almonds
- 250 g Raspberry Jam
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 100 g Ground Almonds
- 125 g Light Brown Sugar
- 200 g White Chocolate Chips
- 125 g White Granulated Sugar
- 250 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9x9" square tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add your Melted butter and Sugars and beat till smooth.
- Add in the Eggs and Almond Extract and beat again till smooth.
- Add in the Flour, Ground Almonds and Cornflour and beat till a thick blondie mixture is made - it really doesn't take long to create this mixture
- Add in your White Chocolate Chips and fold through.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, and spread. Dollop on the jam, and lightly swirly through the blondie mixture.
- Sprinkle over the Flaked Almonds
- Bake the Blondies in the oven for 30 minutes, or until there is an ever so slight wobble in the middle.
- Leave the Blondies to cool in the tin till cool. Enjoy your cake!