COCONUT QUINOA PUDDING
Quinoa is so versatile that I started eating it for dessert! Simmered with a little almond milk and brown sugar, the grains become tender and inviting, cozy and creamy.
- fresh fruit
- 1 sweetener
- coconut milk
- vanilla extract
- 5g of sliced almonds
- 1 cup (240ml) of uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups (480ml) of water
- Place quinoa in a sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
- Add to a saucepan, and cover with the water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until water is almost absorbed, then turn off heat and leave covered for about 12 mins, then fluff with a fork.
- To make the breakfast bowl. Add a 1/3 of the cooked quinoa to a saucepan over a low heat, cover with 1/2 cup (120ml) of coconut milk (as part of your HEa) or other milk of choice (almond and cashew milk are other great options).
- Sweeten to taste with the sukrin (or another sweetener of choice) and add a drop of vanilla extract (1/4 tsp)
- Stir until warmed and creamy.
- Top with the fresh fruit and sliced almonds. Enjoy your breakfast!