TWICE BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
This Double Baked Potato Casserole recipe from The Pioneer Woman is filled with creamy mashed potatoes, beef, cheese, and bites of potato skin.
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese or your favorite kind
- 4 large potatoes (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. pepper or to taste
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly, wipe dry, place on a baking tray, and bake at 425ºF for about 1 hour (or until cooked through), turning once. Cool completely.
- Peel the potatoes and shred them. Place them into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the minced onion, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix it gently, using two forks.
- Now add the cheese and the sour cream, and mix gently again.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a 9-inch square pan or 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated 425ºF oven for about 30-35 minutes. Enjoy your dinner!