THAI BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN and GARLIC NOODLES
Only 25 minutes of Thai black pepper chicken and garlic noodles. The super quick Thai chicken noodle bowl that looks like a take out.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 small heads broccoli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons corn starch or flour
- 2 medium shallots, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely chopped or grated
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons black pepper, using more or less to your taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, cornstarch, turmeric, ginger, black pepper, and 1 tablespoon oil.
- In a glass jar, combine the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook rice noodles according to packaged directions.
- 4. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the chicken and brown all over, until it becomes crispy, about 5 minutes. Add the shallots, broccoli, and cashews, cook another 2-3 minutes, until the broccoli is charring. Pour in the honey/soy sauce mix. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the sauce coats the chicken, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime zest, lime juice, and the basil.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, garlic, and a pinch of red pepper flakes, if desired. Cook until the garlic begins to caramelize and turn light golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk, cooking 3-5 minutes, until warmed through. Remove from the heat and toss the noodles with the sauce.
- To serve, divide the noodles among bowls and top with chicken. Serve with additional basil and limes. Enjoy your cooking!