SAUTEED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Sauteed Brussels sprouts are the perfect last minute side dish! It's easy enough to make for a weekday dinner but sophisticated enough for a Thanksgiving feast.
- 1 small butternut squashed, peeled and diced (approx 650g/22.9oz)
- 350g (12.5oz) of Brussels sprouts. sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- salt and black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tsp of paprika
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f
- Add cubed butternut squash to a bowl, along with the paprika.
- Spread out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Season over the top with some salt and black pepper.
- Spray over the top with cooking oil spray, place in the oven and roast for approx 30-40 minutes until slightly softened and caramelised on the outside.
- When the butternut squash is almost ready
- Spray a deep frying pan with some cooking oil spray
- Add the sliced Brussel sprouts and garlic and fry for a couple of minutes to infuse the garlic flavour.
- Add the stock a little bit at a time, stirring until it reduces down, keep repeating this process until all the stock is gone. Season with salt and black pepper
- Once the butternut squash is ready, add into the pan with the Brussel Sprouts and toss all together. Enjoy your healthy food!