KALE CAESAR SALAD
This kale Caesar salad is made with tons of fresh kale and romaine, and mixed with a lighter lime Caesar dressing.
For the Crispy Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale stems removed
For the Caesar Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice approx. the juice of one medium lemon
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pat chickpeas with paper towels to dry and remove any loose skins (the drier the chickpeas are before cooking the crispy they will be after cooking).
- In a large bowl toss chickpeas with oil, garlic powder, lemon zest and salt & pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet and bake until crisp and light brown ( approx. 45-50 mins) tossing halfway through cooking. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- While chickpeas are roasting prepare dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and thoroughly mixing. You may need to add a small amount of water to thin dressing to desired consistency. Refrigerate dressing until ready to serve.
- De-stem the kale and tear or chop into bite size pieces. Place the kale, olive oil and lemon juice and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl. "Massage" the kale ( with your fingertips) for approx. 3-5 mins. This process helps to tenderize the kale, making it softer and sweeter. Set kale aside.
- When ready to serve salad, combine kale , Romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese and desired amount of dressing. Plate greens and top with crispy Parmesan chickpeas. Enjoy your salad!