HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE HOBNOBS
Enjoy a traditional cookie at home with the Chocolate Hobnobs recipe. You'll love the oatmeal crunch and delicious chocolate in these cookies.
- 1/4 cup (30g) oat flour – use gluten-free if allergic/intolerant
- 1 cup (100g) oats – use gluten-free if allergic/intolerance
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 70g chocolate of choice – I used 70% dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup (80ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (50g) ground almonds
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/350F
- In a bowl, mix together that oats, oat flour, ground almonds and salt.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Scoop onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and shape into equal sized biscuits.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Leave to cool completely before adding the chocolate.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat-proof bowl. Melt in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water (double boiler method).
- Flip the biscuits (so the bottom is facing up) and spread the chocolate on top. Leave to set. Enjoy your cookies!