These golden, honeyed parsnips have just the right mix of terror and sweet frosting to make a tastier Christmas side dish, and they're quick to make.
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spread parsnips on 2 large baking sheets, being sure to not overcrowd. Drizzle with olive oil and season with oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Toss to evenly coat.
- Roast until golden and easily pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Enjoy your cooking!