PRAWN AND CHORIZO PASTA
Make weekday evenings even easier with dinners that only require one pan. This means a tasty dinner, almost no dishes and more time to relax.
- 0.5 tsp red chilli flakes or more to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt and black pepper
- 0.5 red onion peeled and diced
- Rocket and parsley for serving
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 140 g raw king prawns
- 200 g tomato passata
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 red pepper diced
- 50 g chorizo diced
- 140 g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 lemon
- Add the spaghetti to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 12 minutes, until al dente.
- Chop the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions and red pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chorizo and gently cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the passata, tomato puree, lemon juice and zest and salt and pepper, stir and gently cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Drain the pasta (reserving a tiny bit of the wateand stir in to the tomato sauce (with the reserved pasta water).
- Mix well.
- Divide in to bowls and top with rocket, parsley and some extra black pepper and chilli flakes. Enjoy your dinner!