LEMONY WHITE BEAN SALAD
Known for its peppery taste, arugula is commonly used to intensify the flavor of salads of all kinds. Often used in conjunction with salad dressings, the flavor of this green foliage is heightened and pairs well with a variety of vegetables, fruits and meats.
- 6 heaping cups arugula
- Handful of croutons, optional
- 1/4 cup parlsey leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or other dry cured ham, torn into smaller pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed or use 1 1/2 cups cooked beans
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Juice from 1 large lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Make the dressing. Whisk the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and honey in the bottom of a large bowl until creamy.
- Add the beans, parsley, and parmesan to the bowl with dressing. Gently toss until well coated. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Add arugula and gently toss until dressed. Divide the salad between four salad plates, and then tuck the prosciutto and croutons into the salad. Serve. Enjoy your salad!