HONEYCRISP APPLE SALAD
A delicious and fresh salad incorporating the flavors of autumn. Made with Honeycrisp apples and a sweet and tangy apple cider vinaigrette.
- 2 large Honeycrisp apples (unpeeled), sliced into thin matchsticks
- 2 heads frisee, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup candied walnuts
- 4 cups wild arugula
Spiced Cider Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, lightly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon plus a pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch curry powder
- Pinch cumin
- Add all of the dressing ingredients up to and including the curry powder into the bowl of a food processor, and process until everything is well combined and smooth with the processor running, slowly drizzle in the oil and continue to process until the vinaigrette is well emulsified and blended.
The apple salad:
- To a large bowl add the frisee, arugula, walnuts and about half of the matchstick-sliced apples, and drizzle lightly with some of the spiced cider vinaigrette; add equal portions of the salad to bowls or plates (or onto a large serving platter) and then top each salad with equal portions of the remaining matchstick-sliced apples and another generous drizzle of the vinaigrette.
- Serve as is, or garnish with a few additional candied walnuts. Enjoy your salad!