FILO CHICKEN PIE
This healthy chicken dish takes a little longer to prepare than the usual 15 minutes, but it's well worth it because it's a delicious meal that you can easily serve to friends and family.
- melted butter, for brushing pastry
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cube Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pack filo pastry
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 1 small onion
- Black pepper
- 1 pack beef
- Put chicken breasts and stock cube in a saucepan.
- Add boiling water to cover
- Poach for 7 minutes and then cover and turn off heat.
- Take sweetcorn out to defrost
- Cube beef and fry until crispy in a frying pan
- Remove and keep beef oil
- Add butter and gently saute onions
- Add generous grinds of pepper and nutmeg
- Stir in flour and allow to cook briefly
- Add milk and cook gently until it makes a thick sauce
- Add mustard and cook until thick and creamy, add all other ingredients and add milk until all binded by a thick sauce.
- Brush pastry with butter and make three layer sin a pie dish, brushing each layer with melted butter
- Cook for 20 mins or until crispy
- Alternatives instead of sweetcorn: Mushroom, leeks. Enjoy your cooking!