EASY VIETNAMESE FRIED SPRING ROLLS
The best recipe for Vietnamese spring rolls. These crispy fried Vietnamese rolls are crisp with a garnish of ground beef and served with a dip.
- 1/2 cup vermicelli rice noodles broken into 2 cm pieces
- 1/2 cup mushrooms shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 10-15 rice paper sheets
- 100 g shrimp minced
- Soybean oil for frying
- 2 shallots chopped
- 100 g beef minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 birds eye chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp kaffir lime juice or sub with lime or lemon juice
- Pop the broken vermicelli noodles in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to rest until cooked through, then drain.
- Add the beef, shrimp, chopped shallots, mushroom, carrot, vermicelli noodles, egg and salt into a bowl and mix until well combined. For best results, use your fingers to mix evenly.
- Quickly rinse the rice paper sheet in water to soften and place on a flat plate or surface.
- Place a small handful of filling near one edge of the rice paper. Fold the paper over the filling. tuck in the sides and continue to roll to the end of the sheet.
- Repeat for remaining spring rolls.
- Heat the oil over a medium-high heat. Fry the spring rolls for around 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel.
- Combine all ingredients for the dipping sauce in a bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Enjoy your cooking!