COURGETTE EN AUBERGINE VEGETARIAN GRATIN
Summer zucchini, eggplant and tomatoes, nicely presented in a casserole dish in the oven.
- 300 g courgettes, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 g balls mozzarella cheese, roughly torn
- 2 red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 750 g aubergines, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 g can Cirio Chopped Tomatoes
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan assisted)/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 4. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan and
- add the onion, garlic and half of the oregano. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil and turn the heat up high. Add the aubergine and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add the Cirio Chopped Tomatoes and vinegar and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the basil and half of the Parmesan.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of a gratin dish. Dot with the mozzarella and top with courgette ribbons. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and cook for 15 minutes in the oven. Enjoy your cooking!