BRUSHETTA CHICKEN PASTA
The Bruschetta Chicken Pasta Salad is a must-have for any occasion! with Italian-seasoned grilled chicken and a nice splash of garlic and parmesan, here is a pasta salad that will impress!
- Kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes about 6, seeded and diced
- ½ cup torn fresh basil plus leaves for garnish if desired
Chicken & Pasta:
- 1-1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Balsamic glaze optional
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta half of a 16 ounce box
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and let sit for out on the counter while you prep and cook the chicken and pasta.
Chicken & Pasta:
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Drain the water and return pasta to the pan. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and toss to keep the pasta from sticking together as it sits. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add them to the skillet. Cook about 4-5 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink and registers 165 degrees on a meat thermometer. Depending on the thickness of the breasts it could take up to 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to rest, covered with foil to keep warm.
- To the skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the bruschetta mixture. Cook, stirring often, just long enough to heat through; 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the pasta to the pan. Toss to coat, adding more olive oil if needed.
- Slice chicken breasts and add to the pasta.
- Divide into bowls and serve immediately, garnished with fresh basil. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, and added shredded Parmesan or Mozzarella, if desired. Enjoy your dinner!