BALSAMIC CAPRESE PASTA SALAD
The Caprese pasta salad is simple and delicious, full of tender pasta, juicy tomatoes, chunks of fresh mozzarella, and a tangy balsamic vinaigrette. The perfect spring pasta salad!
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or to taste
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella or Bocconcini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or to taste
- Handful grape tomatoes halved
- Fresh parsley chopped, to taste
- Large handful fresh basil torn
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 4 cups uncooked penne
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and rinse it under cold water. Ensure it's properly drained again before adding it to a large bowl.
- Add the mozzarella, onion, tomatoes, vinegar, oil, basil, parsley, and salt & pepper to the bowl. Gently toss it. Adjust vinegar, oil, and seasonings as needed depending on how much dressing you like. Chill for an hour or serve immediately. Enjoy your salad!