SPRING VEGAN and LEMON BROTH
This chicken soup with spring vegetables and a delicious hint of lemon is a light and healthy meal, prepared simply in under forty minutes and bursting with lively flavor.
- olive oil
- butter 1 tbsp
- leeks 2, thinly sliced
- garlic 1 clove, crushed
- small pasta shapes 100g
- vegetable stock 1.3 litres
- lemon 1, zested and juiced
- celery 2 sticks, thinly sliced
- basil a small bunch, chopped
- parmesan finely grated to make 4 tbsp
- baby leaf greens 1 small head, shredded
- Soften the celery in 1 tbsp oil and the butter for 5 minutes in a large pan, then add the leeks and soften for 5 more minutes. Stir in the garlic, cook for a minute, then add the stock and bring to the boil. Tip in the pasta, boil for 4 minutes then add the greens and cook for another 4 minutes until the pasta and the greens are tender. Stir in the chopped basil. Stir in the lemon juice and zest and divide between bowls. Scatter with a little cheese to serve. Enjoy your soup!