SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALL SOUP
Simmering a hearty soup in the slow cooker is an easy way to give them all a hot meal.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 pound mini meatballs
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Prepare meatballs according to package instructions; set aside.
- Whisk in chicken broth, marinara sauce, bay leaf and 3 cups water in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat; bring to a boil.
- Stir in spaghetti and meatballs; reduce heat and simmer until spaghetti is tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil and Parmesan, if desired. Enjoy your soup!