SLOW COOKER THAI BASIL CHICKEN CURRY
This Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken is one of the best curries I've ever had! The sauce starts with coconut milk with jalapeno and red onion.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon coconut/palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken (breasts of thighs)
- Place the chicken, coconut milk, curry powder, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and ginger into the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 3 hours, before shredding the chicken and mixing in the cilantro and basil. Serve it! Enjoy your dinner!