Create a pasta dish with fresh seafood, tender cherry tomatoes and a pinch of chili.
- 8 oz. pappardelle pasta or any long thick pasta
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce store bought is fine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- chopped flat-leaf parsley to serve
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb. scallops
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil and butter over medium to medium-high heat. Sear the scallops and shrimp, about 1 minute per side. Remove from the pan and set aside. You will cook the seafood longer later.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the garlic and pepper flakes. Cook until soft, but not brown. Add in the tomato sauce and heavy cream. Return the scallops and shrimp to the pan and simmer gently for about 7 to 8 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- While the sauce is simmering, using a separate pot, cook the pappardelle pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce and seafood. Enjoy immediately with a sprinkling of flat-leaf parsley. Enjoy your dinner!