RYE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These sweet rye chocolate chip savory cookies are made with fragrant toasted rye flour and a few extra drops of molasses.
- 1 Cup (175 grams) Dark Chocolate rough chopped dark chocolate baking bar
- 1/2 Cup (8 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 1 Cup (200 grams) Dark Brown Sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 Cup (96 grams) Organic Rye Flour
- 1 Cup (125 grams ) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2.5 teaspoons Bourbon
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 Large Egg
- Hand whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, and rosemary in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment or large bowl and a hand mixer beat the butter and dark brown sugar until light, pale, and fluffy. Medium speed about 4-5 minutes. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- Add egg, yolk, vanilla, and bourbon to creamed butter and sugar. Mix until incorporated.
- Add flour a 1/3 at a time until mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Cover bowl and place in fridge to chill for minimum 1-2 hrs or overnight for better flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C). Line two cookies sheets with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Scoop 1.5 Tablespoon balls of cold cookie dough onto trays. Space 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until edges start look dark and crisp.
- Remove sheets from oven, hold about 4 inches from counter and bang cookie sheet on counter to deflate and crinkle cookies.
- Place cookie sheet onto cooling rack for 10 minutes. Cookies will finish baking as they cool.
- Remove cookies from sheet and place directly onto cooling rack. Enjoy your dessert!