ROASTED BROCCOLI and WHITE BEANS
This delicious Nordic bean recipe features roasted broccoli and a hint of lemon.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly grated Parmesan
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets
- a heavy pinch red pepper flakes
- kosher salt + fresh cracked pepper
- juice of 1 lemon, plus a few slices to roast
- 1 15 oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for pan
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drizzle a baking sheet lightly with olive oil, set aside.
- Mix olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Toss broccoli in garlic oil mixture to coat, followed by white beans (be careful not break up white beans with heavy handling). Place mixture on prepared baking sheet, nestling a few lemon slices in the mix. Season with salt & fresh cracked pepper and roast in oven, tossing occasionally for about 15-20 minutes. When beans and broccoli begin to char, top with a heavy dose of Parmesan cheese, turn the oven to BROIL and cook for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Remove from oven, squeeze fresh lemon on top to taste. Serve with grated Parmesan and a poached egg if you fancy. Enjoy your healthy food!