These raspberry popovers are the perfect dish for brunch or any easy breakfast.
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 1 Package (6 ounces) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1 Tsp. grated fresh orange zest
- 1 Tsp. grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg white, milk, 1 tablespoon of the butter, orange zest, lemon zest and the vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a separate bowl. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Batter should be a little lumpy.
- Place the popover pan in the oven and heat for 5 minutes. Remove the pan and carefully brush the cups with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Divide the batter evenly among the 6 cups (about 1/3 of a cup per well). Sprinkle the raspberries over the batter (You can press a few into the batter if you need to).
- Bake until the popovers are puffed and golden brown, about 28-30 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy your breakfast!