OLIVE GARDEN’S ALFREDO SAUCE
Cheese, rich and classic, enjoy an Alfredo Olive Garden sauce.
- 1 lb. Fettuccine
- Parsley, to garnish
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups milk, any kind
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons butter, high quality
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated and at room temperature
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated and at room temperature
- Boil the fettuccine according to package instructions. As the water preheats, begin the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Whisk in the flour. Gradually add the heavy cream, then the milk, whisking constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low once the sauce begins to bubble. It will continue to thicken as it simmers.
- Slowly sprinkle in the cheeses, continuing to whisk.
- Drain the pasta and carefully mix it into the sauce until well incorporated. The pasta will absorb the sauce an it will get thicker still.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, and serve! Enjoy your dinner!