LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE
This easy lemon cake is light, chewy, extremely lemony, and impossible to resist!
- caster sugar 6oz (170g)
- unsalted butter (room temp) 6oz (170g)
- 3 large eggs 6oz (170g)
- self raising flour 6oz (170g)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 4oz (110g) powdered sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons (the ones you zested)
- Grease a bread tin (about 24 x 10.4) & pre-heat your oven to 180C/350F.
- Cream together your cake ingredients until you’re left with a nice smooth cake batter. Pour into your pan & bake for about 30-35mins. While you’re waiting, mix together your icing sugar & lemon juice until totally smooth, pop it to one side. After 30mins check the cake by inserting a skewer into the middle, if it comes out clean it’s done. If not, give it a few mins more. When it’s ready use your skewer to poke holes all over the cake, all the way down to the bottom. Pour over your lemon glaze & leave to cool. Personally I like to eat it when it’s still hot, but cold cake is much more civilised & easier to transport. Remove from it’s tin & slice into manageable hunks. Enjoy your cake!