KIMCHI GRILLED CHEESE
The spicy heat goes well with the melted cheese (queso dip, stuffed jalapenos, buffalo wings and blue cheese). Here, kimchi and mozzarella combine for a variation on the classic grilled cheese.
- honey, for serving
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- fresh chives, for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon raw sesame seeds
- 4 slices thick cut sourdough bread
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Havarti or fontina cheese, shredded
- 1-2 tablespoons Gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, sesame seeds, and garlic.
- Spread the outside of each slice of bread with sesame garlic butter. On the inside of half of the slices of bread, spread with Gochujang, then evenly layer the cheeses, kimchi, and basil. Add the top piece of bread, buttered side facing up.
- Place the sandwiches, one at a time, in the skillet and cook until golden on each side, about 3-5 minutes per side. Serve topped with chives, honey, and sea salt. Enjoy your cooking!