INSTANT POT CABBAGE WITH COCONUT
This curry cabbage is made in a pressure cooker. Quick side cabbage stir-fry. Gluten Free Vegan Braised Cabbage Recipe Soy Free and Nut Free.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 long red chili, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 1 medium cabbage, quartered and shredded or sliced
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds (or 1 teaspoon mustard powder)
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Sauté function key (it should say High, 30 mins). Add the coconut oil, onion and half of the salt and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic, chili and spices and stir through for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage and carrots, lime juice, coconut and olive oil and stir through. Add the water and stir through. Press Keep Warm/Cancel button.
- Place and lock the lid, make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to Sealing. Press Manual (High Pressure) and set to 5 minutes. After 3 beeps the pressure cooker will start going. Once the time is up, use the quick release to let off the pressure. Enjoy healthy food!