CREAMY SUN DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN GNOCCHI
This skillet sun-dried tomato chicken and gnocchi is the perfect weeknight dish, tossed with spinach, garlic, and grated Asiago cheese and made in under 30 minutes!
- 7 oz sun dried tomatoes drained, keep oil
- 1 tbsp oil from sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 lb gnocchi uncooked
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp milk
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Drain the oil from the sun dried tomatoes jar into a small bowl. Keep this to use in the recipe.
- In a large skillet heat the butter and sun dried tomato oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken tenders to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken on both sides until no longer pink inside and lightly golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set side.
- If more oil is needed in your skillet, add additional sun dried tomato oil. Add the garlic and sun dried tomatoes to the skillet and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic becomes aromatic and fragrant.
- Add the cup and a half of milk, half and half and Parmesan cheese to the skillet. In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch with the 2 tbsp of milk and add this to the skillet as well. Stir or whisk in the sauce. The sauce will begin to thicken as it bubbles from the cornstarch. Cook for about a minute.
- Stir in the gnocchi and add the chicken back to the skillet. Drizzle some of the sauce over the chicken, garnish with parsley and serve while warm. Enjoy your dinner!