BROCCOLI CHEESE BAKE
This easy cheesy broccoli casserole recipe is creamy, salty, and delicious in every way! Made with fresh broccoli, seasoned cheddar and cream cheese sauce, this side dish is ready in 30 minutes and always a crowd favorite!
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk 490 grams
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound head of broccoli
- 1 3/4 cup shredded cheese or 200 grams
- Pre-heat oven to 325° (160° celsius)
- Lightly grease a large baking dish. (at least 10 x 7 inches / 25 x 18 centimeters)
- In boiling water cook broccoli for approximately 10 minutes (until al dente) drain well. (gently dry with paper towels if needed).
- In a large pot over low heat melt butter, whisk in flour and salt, continue whisking until smooth. Slowly add the milk and continue whisking constantly until thickened and starts to boil (let slow boil 1-2 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Fold in cheese and broccoli and combine gently until cheese starts to melt slightly, add eggs and continue to stir gently to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 30-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy your healthy food!