Halloumi and white beans cooked in a rich and smoky Spanish! It's a simple yet amazing vegetarian meal that's on the table in just 30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g curly kale
- 130g fresh pesto
- 15g fresh basil leaves
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 225g lighter halloumi, sliced
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- 800g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220°C, fan 200°C. Put the chickpeas and tomatoes in a large baking dish. Drizzle with the vinegar and oil, season and toss to combine. Roast for 10 mins or until the tomatoes are starting to soften slightly. Remove from the oven.
- Heat the grill to medium. Add the kale to the baking dish and toss gently. Top with the halloumi and place under the grill for 5-6 mins or until the halloumi is golden.
- Top with pesto and scatter with the basil. Serve with crusty bread, if you like. Enjoy your cooking!