VEGAN CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
This divine vegan mushroom cream embraces you with warmth and delight. It's a super simple eight-ingredient recipe, and you can make it gluten-free and oil-free.
- 1 Pack (9oz/250g) Brown Button Mushrooms (Portobellini), (Sliced)
- 2 Packs (18oz/500g) White Button Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce (or Tamari if gluten-free)
- 2 Large Portobello Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Add the olive oil to a pot with the onion and garlic, dried oregano and basil and sauté briefly.
- Then add the sliced mushrooms and the soy sauce, and cover the pot. Cook on medium high, covered, for around 10 minutes.
- This will allow the mushrooms to release their water.
- After 10 minutes, remove the lid, and cook for a further 10 minutes uncovered to allow some of the water to cook off.
- Then add the coconut milk and cook for a final 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, allowing the flavors to blend properly.
- Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve. Enjoy your soup!