TUNA MELT STUFFED ONIONS
Easy melted tuna prepared with albacore tuna on crusty bread and toasted in the oven. An easy and customizable breakfast recipe that kids and adults love!
- 6 Tablespoons Dill Pickles finely chopped
- 3 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 Cup Celery large, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan grated
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Dill chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 6 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 7 1/2 Ounces Tuna
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice the onion into 3/4" rings.
- Grab 2 outer onion rings at a time, and place them on the prepared baking sheet -- you should be able to get at least 9 sets of rings before they start to get too small.
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, parmesan, celery, pickles, lemon juice, curry, dill, and garlic powder together in a large bowl.
- Scoop the tuna salad into the center of each onion ring and press down to flatten out the tops.
- Evenly distribute half the cheese over the onion rings.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove baked melts from the oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes. Then flip them over, and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Return to the oven for another 10-12 minutes. You'll know they're done once the tops are golden brown.
- Allow them to cool slightly on the baking sheet (this will give the cheese time to harden). Enjoy your cooking!