TROPICAL SHRIMP RICE BOWL
Cuban shrimp bowls with mango salsa, coconut rice and fried plantains. Because every Monday should come with Cuban food.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Zest from 1 lime
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- 8 oz can of pineapple chunks drain but save the juice
- Cook rice in slightly salted water, according to the package instructions. Stir in some fresh cilantro and set aside. (Divide rice between two bowls when ready to serve.)
- For the sauce: mix together pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, and cilantro. Set aside until ready to use.
- Peel, de-vein, and rinse shrimp. Mix shrimp with lime juice, pineapple juice, chili powder, and salt in a bowl and let it sit while preheating a cooking pan.
- Preheat a cooking pan with about a tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, sear shrimp until pink and opaque on both sides. Take out and set aside. (You can save the juice from marinating the shrimp and add it to the sauce.)
- Add a little bit more oil to the pan and add drained pineapple chunks. Sear pineapple chunks until nicely browned. Lower the hear to medium.
- Stir and add sauce to the pan. Stir and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Quickly stir in shrimp and divide the shrimp, pineapple, and sauce mixture over the two rice bowls. Enjoy your dinner!