TERIYAKI CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
Super tasty and easy to make lettuce wraps with that irresistible teriyaki flavor. Perfect recipe for a busy day. The whole family will love them!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 head lettuce washed and leaves separated, butter lettuce, gem lettuce or your choice
- 3 tablespoons salted peanuts or cashews for paleo version, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos for soy free version or gluten free tamari/soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 red chilli deseeded and chopped
- 2 carrots peeled into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- green onion sliced
- sesame seeds
- Add the coconut oil to a pan or skillet and warm on a medium high heat. When the oil is melted and hot add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside for a few minutes as you make the sauce
- Add the chilli, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the honey and coconut aminos or soy sauce sauce. Stir well and bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce the heat down to medium-low or until it's only simmering and let cook for about 5 more minutes. Stir frequently to prevent burning. The sauce should reduce down and turn into a thick glaze. Add the chicken back to the pan and toss. Cook for another minute with the chicken in the sauce then remove from the heat.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture into each lettuce cup and top with shredded carrot, green onions, sesame seeds and peanuts/cashews and serve. Enjoy your cooking!