SWEET CORN and ZUCCHINI PIE
The Sweet Corn Zucchini Pie recipe is a comfort food and it's so easy to make. Using a pre-made pie crust and other inexpensive, easy-to-find ingredients.
- 2 large zucchini, sliced very thinly
- 12 ounces shredded cheese
- half of a yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions, zucchini, and mushrooms. While the veggies saute, cut the corn kernels off the cob. Add them to the pan and continue to saute until the veggies are soft, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once the mixture has cooled for a few minutes, stir in the basil, oregano, salt, cheese, and the beaten eggs. Line a pie pan (9-inch or larger) with parchment paper or just grease a pan with nonstick spray. Transfer the mixture to the pan. Arrange the top so the zucchini slices lay flat and look nice. Top with a little extra cheese for looks, cover with greased foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown the top. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices. Enjoy your cooking!