SUMMER VEGETABLE STEW
Full of aromatic vegetables and yellow potatoes, this stew has been cooking for hours and it's done in 30 minutes! Plus, it can turn into a chicken and vegetable stew just as easily!
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to top bowls of stew
- 1 cup diced chicken or ham optional
- 2 large tomatoes peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1 14- oz can corn not drained
- 1 14- oz can chicken broth
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 2 TBSP butter
- In a large stockpot, heat butter over medium heat. Add in onions, garlic, potatoes and carrots. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until onions are translucent.
- Add in chicken broth. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Add in zucchini, tomatoes, corn, chicken or ham (if desired) and seasonings. Heat for another 10-15 minutes or so, until mixture is hot and beginning to boil.
- Reduce heat and add all but 2-3 TBSP of the evaporated milk. Mix remaining evaporated milk with the cornstarch and stir until combined. Stir it into the stew. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Salt & pepper to taste. Top with fresh diced cherry tomatoes & a little shredded Parmesan cheese once stew is ladled into each bowl. Enjoy your soup!