SPINACH AVOCADO BREAKFAST QUESADILLA
Delicious vegetarian quesadillas stuffed with mushrooms, spinach and creamy avocado. These quesadillas feature irresistibly crispy sides.
- 4 whole wheat low carb tortillas medium size
- 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 California avocado sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- minced parsley optional
- 2/3 cup spinach leaves
- 6 tablespoons water
- hot sauce to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and water.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook, scraping the pan occasionally, until the eggs are scrambled and just set. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla in the pan and top half of the tortilla with ¼ each of the cheese, scrambled eggs, hot sauce (several good shakes), California avocado and spinach.
- Fold over the other side of the tortilla to form a half-circle. Press down with a spatula as the cheese melts to seal the quesadilla. When the bottom is golden brown, flip the quesadilla and brown on the other side.
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan, cut into thirds and garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, cheese, scrambled eggs, hot sauce, avocado and spinach. Enjoy your breakfast!