SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP
This healthy black bean soup recipe is easy to make with canned beans.
- 1 cup water
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ tsp oregano, dried
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, fresh, diced
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- Lightly spray a large soup pan with cooking oil spray, and heat over medium high heat.
- Sauté the onion, celery and carrots until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, except sour cream, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve in a soup bowl with 1 tablespoon of nonfat sour cream on top of each serving. Enjoy your soup!